Friday, December 23, 2011

SAY WHAT?

Dorina Lisson sent me a video clip of an Aussie guy saying … “G’day mate, I’ve been from the big smoke to the back’o’Bourke to get a website for my bizzo, from the top of my ticker toe to the dingo’s flapper.”

Shit, and I’ve always been under the impression that English was the spoken language of Aussies. After ‘G’day mate’ everything else was unintelligible to me. Fortunately, Dorina came back and furnished me the translation from Australian to American:

“Good day friend, I have been from the big city to the back of beyond and in the middle of nowhere to get a website for my business, from every person who talks about nothing they know about except a wild dog’s penis that hangs.”

Dorina added: In simple English ... the Australian man wants a website for his business. He is pissed because he has been everywhere, from here to there, talking to many people whilst trying to find someone who knows what they are talking about.

I rather liked the ‘dingo’s flapper’ bit.

No comments: