Friday, July 10, 2015

STILL WAITING FOR THE CHANGE

The Unconventional Gazette
July 10, 2015

A priest says to his friend, the rabbi, that he has developed a plan of eating for free in really good restaurants.

"I simply go in at well past 9 pm, eat several courses slowly, and linger over coffee, dessert, and a cigar until they are cleaning up. I keep sitting there until eventually a waiter comes up and asks me to pay. Then I say, 'I've already paid my original waiter who has left for the night.' And, because I am a man of the cloth, the waiter takes my word for it, and I just simply walk out the front door as calm as can be."

The rabbi, clearly impressed says, "Let's try it together this evening."

The priest agrees and books them into an expensive, 5-Star Italian restaurant.

They both eat like kings and, just as before, right at 2 am, they are both sitting quietly after enjoying their very full meal.

Sure enough, a waiter comes over and hands the priest and the rabbi a bill and asks them to pay.

The priest calmly says: "I've already paid our original waiter who has left for the evening."

And then the rabbi adds: "And we're still waiting for the change!"

No comments: