Thursday, December 08, 2016

TRUMP TIME

By Bpb Walsh

To no great surprise TIME MAGAZINE announce on Wednesday that Trump was their Man of the Year. I say no great surprise as, if the criteria were applied properly, he was the only obvious and reasonable choice.

If I recall correctly the face that has most often graced the cover of Time as Man of the Year was an obscure 20th century politician named Adolph Hitler.

Oops, my bad. Hitler was only man of the year once. Joseph Stalin was twice. Also, in 1936, it was Wallis Simpson. I don't know if she was the first female Man of the Year or not.

EDITOR’S NOTE: I do not think Trump received much of an honor. One of the six finalists was Beyonce, that Black Panther-loving and police-hating bitch. Putting Beyonce on that list makes Time’s award look like the Nobel Peace prize where Obama received that once prestigious award for ….. for being Obama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The more I hear of Trump the more I worry. Take Steve Bannon, for example, an admitted and vicious anti-Semite. Trump's positions also seem less conservative and more populist and all over the map. I worry that Trump may end up being a modern day Hitler.