Wednesday, December 04, 2019

HARRIS IS HISTORY

by Bob Walsh

Various media reports came out yesterday before noon Pacific time that Kamala Harris was bailing out of the flaming dumpster that is the Democrat presidential nomination race. These reports cite her lack of ability to raise funds. I am sure the ego crush after Bloomberg beat her out by 300% in a recent national poll after running for only one week didn't help. Even a helpful visit from Gavin Newsom to Iowa couldn't pull her under-funded and under-energized campaign out of a tailspin.

I remember cautioning when she jumped in that she should not be under-rated. She checked many of the necessary liberal boxes and the media loved her. Obviously I grossly overestimated her ability to get traction, put together an effective team and raise money. I guess the old "I am a minority female, vote for me" didn't work. Again.

My bad.

(Maybe she will be Joe Biden's VP pick.)

No comments: