Thursday, November 22, 2012

THANKFUL ON THANKSGIVING

I want to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

As for me, I am thankful to be living in a country where we are free to elect our leaders even though we sometimes make the wrong choice. I am thankful to be living in a country where we are free to express ourselves and free to criticize our government without fear of imprisonment. I am thankful to live in a country where Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and members of other faiths are free to practice their religion of choice, and where people are free to be atheists if they so choose. I am especially thankful to be living in a country where the poor are wealthy when compared to the poor of our neighbor to the south, Mexico. And while there are some serious health issues in my family, I am still thankful that matters are not as bad as they could be. Best of all, I am thankful that when I woke up this morning, I did not smell any fresh dirt.

I am thankful on this Thanksgiving Day for all those reasons and all of you should be thankful for them too.

No comments: