Thursday, August 27, 2015

AN INSINCERE APOLOGY FULL OF EXCUSES

Black actress Daniele Watts, who was caught having sex with her white boyfriend in public, was ordered by a judge to send a letter of apology to an LAPD officer for falsely accusing him of being racist

I want to acknowledge that when we met last September, I allowed fear, shame, and anxiety to prevent me from relating to you in a peaceful way. Hopefully you can forgive the fact that my heightened emotions disturbed what might have otherwise been a carefree stop on your way to a nice cup of coffee.

With all the recent news coverage on the issue of biased policing, we probably all have a clearer understanding of the subtle – and often bizarre – ways that racial conflict continues to haunt many people in America. Sgt. Parker, when you said sarcastically, “Thank you for bringing up the race card, I never hear that,” I felt provoked because I had previously encountered many disheartening experiences related to “being black” both in my personal life, and as reflected in society overall. Your willingness to dismiss my experience with sarcasm was hurtful, and caused me to respond defensively.

Looking on the brighter side, we do believe that the public discourse that surrounded our encounter was beneficial, as it provided an opportunity for the public to discuss, and more deeply understand the “taboo” subject of interracial relationships. As you may know, interracial marriage was only made legal in the United States in 1967, and for many, it is still a very sensitive issue. I am grateful for our meeting because it allowed me to examine the shame and self-hatred I had been bottling inside, and release it.

We truly appreciate role you’ve played in bringing awareness to so many issues.

With Love, Daniele Watts & Brian James Lucas.


That is the letter black actress Daniele Watts wrote to now retired LAPD officer Jim Parker.

You may recall that last September Watts and her white boyfriend were caught having sex in her car with the car door open. After her arrest she accused Sgt. Parker of being a racist. An audio recording showed that Parker, who is white, was polite and professional the whole way and that it was Watts who played the race card..

In a plea bargain on a charge of lewd conduct, the judge ordered Watts and Brian James Lucas to write a letter of apology to Sgt. Parker. The apology they wrote was not acceptable to the judge since it was obviously insincere and full of excuses. They were ordered to send Parker an apology that actually sounded sorry. Watts and Lucas had until yesterday to send an apology acceptable to the judge.

It looks to me like that insincere apology was written mostly by Watts’ publicist. And each should have sent a separate letter, not a co-signed one. Here is what I think would be an acceptable apology by Watts:

Dear Sgt. Parker

Please accept my apology for having accused you of being a racist. You were right, it was I who brought up the race issue. At no time did you say or do anything that would have justified my accusation. I am truly sorry for what I said about you.

Sincerely
Daniele Watts


But let’s get real. That black bitch will not mean what she writes to Parker, regardless of how sorry she sounds.

As for calling Daniele Watts a black bitch, I know that’s definitely not politically correct, but that’s what she is.

1 comment:

bob walsh said...

The P C Police are going to get you for that one Howie. Her relative level of blackness or bitchiness does not matter. The truth does not matter. Political Correctness is what matters. The truth will in fact NOT set you free.