Saturday, November 23, 2019

HOROWITZ 2.0

by Bob Walsh

The talking heads are now pretty much all in agreement that the Horowitz report in alleged FISA court abuses is going to come out on December 9, with very little redaction. They are also now pretty much all saying that at least one FBI attorney, or possibly FORMER FBI attorney, is said to have altered reports that were presented to the FISA court, presumably in an attempt to help justify surveillance of Trump campaign staff. It is not clear how much of an effect, if any, this "tweaking" may have had. I would guess that it would be significant as a lawyer would not lay his ass on the line for something trivial, but then what do I know?

Hope clouds reason. I HOPE this report is significant. That makes my opinion suspect.

Also, it is said that the Dunham criminal investigation has moved into the Pentagon and is looking at large sums of money paid to "experts" for foreign intelligence "reports" which is cool but these experts appear to maybe-probably be Trump haters peddling bullshit.

EDITOR'S NOTE: What do you bet the report will turn out to be a 'so what' report.

2 comments:

bob walsh said...

I hope I am right. I would not bet on it.

Dave Freeman said...

I hope you're right to Bob. But I'm afraid Howie called this one.