Monday, July 09, 2007

A RESPONSE TO "JUST GET ANOTHER LINE OF WORK"

A retired state police official responded to my blog, JUST GET ANOTHER LINE OF WORK, which mosly concerned the Houston mayor's cavalier attitude about a mother trying to meet her autisitc child's treatment costs by working as a topless dancer. Here is what he wrote:

"I regulated topless bars for many years. The majority of the topless dancers that I arrested for durg possession, prostitution, public lewdness and a host of other unsavory offenses professed to be student nurses just trying to pay their way through college. In fact, most of them were drug addicted prostitutes who were pimped out by their outlaw biker 'old man.'

I remember you being assaulted by a topless dancer that we arrested in a southwest Houston strip club. She really kicked the shit out of you! One of her forms of identification was a methadone treatment card.

I used to get complaints from a lot of wives that their husbands had been stolen from, beaten up or succumbed to temptations of the flesh at topless bars. If a person thinks that the people who work at these places are above participating in criminal behavior, then they must believe all topless daners are student nurses."

How well I remember getting kicked in the shin. Ouch! Just being reminded about it makes me feel the pain all over again. And, I was just along as an observer. How did my friend, the retired police official, respond to the kicking? He laughed like hell as I "did the chicken."

No comments: