Tuesday, July 24, 2018

BOOK REVIEW

by Bob Walsh

I do a lot of recreational reading, especially during the summer when it is too damn hot to be outside after about 11 a.m. One of the authors I have read a fair amount of is Jo Nesbo, a Norwegian. He is also a musician and songwriter and has written a series of children's books. He is, however, primarily known for a series of crime dramas. The central character is named Harry Hole, which I am sure is a perfectly normal name in Norway. Several of his books have been made into movies and he has been translated into about 40 different languages.

The most recent of his that I just read is MacBeth. It is a very interesting retelling or reimagining of the Shakespeare drama set within the police structure of a modern crumbling industrial city. I did NOT find it to be a fun or fast read, but it was interesting. Any of Howie's readers who like Shakespeare's work might find it worth while.

No comments: