Saturday, January 31, 2015

INTELLECTUALLY DISABLED?

While in the Texas execution chamber, Robert Ladd addressed the sister of his murder victim

Moments before the State of Texas executed him on Thursday, Robert Ladd faced the sister of his victim and directly addressed her by name.

This is how the Associated Press described what Ladd said:

In his final statement, Ladd addressed the sister of his victim by name, telling her he was "really, really sorry."

"I really, really hope and pray you don't have hatred in your heart," he said, adding that he didn't think she could have closure but hoped she could find peace. "A revenge death won't get you anything," he said.


Ladd’s lawyers filed an appeal arguing that their client could not be executed because he was intellectually disabled. Now I ask, does Ladd’s final statement sound like what an intellectually disabled individual would be capable of saying? I don’t think so. Sounds to me like what an intelligent person would say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Screw this guy! He sounds mentally capable to me.

I'm not big on seeking revenge, but there is nothing wrong with holding a long lasting, sincere and non-relenting grudge!