Friday, June 01, 2012

PEEING IN A PUBLIC PARK IS NOT EXACTLY THE BEST ELECTION CAMPAIGN STRTEGY

Voters were not persuaded by the explanation that “I am not a girlie girl”

Galveston County Constable Pam Matranga, one of my former students, lost her reelection bid, undoubtedly because of a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against her this year that gained her some unwanted worldwide attention. Poor Pam was also accused of peeing in a park.

PAM MATRANGA LOSES: GALVESTON VOTERS TOSS ALLEGEDLY FORCED-MOTORBOATING, PUBLIC-PEEING CONSTABLE
By Richard Connelly

Houston Press Hair Balls
May 30, 2012

Pam Matranga, the Galveston County constable who, according to a sexual harassment lawsuit, forced a deputy to motorboat her, gave the world such awful vaginal euphemisms as "duck taco," and was caught on video allegedly peeing in a park, has lost her primary re-election race.

WHAT MORE COULD SHE HAVE DONE FOR YOU, GALVESTON?

Matranga managed to get only 39 percent of the vote, with Rick Sharp getting almost 52 percent, enough to win without a runoff in for the GOP nod for Precinct 7 constable.

Matranga has said the harassment lawsuit was an election ploy, although she did allow that she was "a jester, I am not a girlie girl."

"I can only be accountable for any role I may have played," Matranga said on her Facebook page after the election loss. "I am sorry for any embarassment this may have caused any of you. I am going to be fine, I am fine....I hope the bashing of me can end now."

No comments: