Saturday, January 13, 2018

THAT STEAK LOOKS AWFULLY TEMPTING


This picture brings back fonf memories.

When my beloved wife Jean and I lived in Dallas we obtained our first dog, a rambunctious cocker spaniel. We had not been married long and could only afford to eat steaks once in a while. One evening Jean brought me a steak, placing it on a tray. I was transfixed on a TV program and before I knew it, Rufus had snatched my steak away. When Jean came out of the kitchen with her steak and saw the dog happily devouring mine on the floor, she went ballistic and threw her steak at him. When Rufus got through eating the two steaks, he thanked us by shitting on the floor.

1 comment:

Trey Rusk said...

I have a Queensland Healer. She is 6 mos and a Holy Terror. She was gift from my daughter who felt sorry for me because my dog died. She gets fixed next month and I hope she settles down. Up to now she thinks her name is Dammit!