Thursday, February 01, 2018

NOT EXACTLY FAMOUS LAST WORDS

Texas executes man for murdering his girlfriend while on parole for murdering his wife

On Tuesday evening, William Rayford, 64, left this earth to meet up with Jesus. His journey was made possible by the great state of Texas which executed him for the 1999 murder of his girlfriend while he was on parole for the 1986 murder of his wife.

After Rayford had been strapped down on the death chamber gurney and the lethal injection needle had been inserted in his arm, the warden asked Rayford if he had any last words. Looking at his victim’s surviving son and three sisters who were observing the blessed event through a window, Rayford said:

First I would like to praise my Lord Jesus Christ. I ask for forgiveness to the Thomas family for my past choices I made. Carol did not deserve what I done. I've asked God to forgive me. Please find it in your hearts to forgive me.

I'm sorry it has been bothering me for a long time. So I now pray and I will keep you all in my prayers. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. I'm sorry.

To my supporters - Daniel, brother Charlie, Steve and all who stood by me - thank you. By no means am I happy for what I've done.

I have asked the Lord to forgive me. Please tell everyone I'm certain I left off some names.

Tell my kids I'm sorry for being a disappointment.

Thank you. God bless. I'm ready warden.


At 8:35 pm, the lethal dose of pentobarbital was infused. Rayford lifted his head off the gurney’s pillow and after repeating that he was sorry, he said he was “going home.” He laid his head back down and began to snore for a few seconds before departing on his journey to meet Jesus. He was pronounced dead at 8:48 pm.

I think it is just wonderful that the great state of Texas is so gracious as to provide William and others like him a trip to meet Jesus. Hallelujah!

No comments: