Sunday, February 18, 2018

HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?

by Bob Walsh

There are calls to tear down the three story classroom structure in Florida where the majority of the 17 killed in the recent school shooting died. The notions is that it would be inhuman and cruel to force the children to return to a building and classrooms where their buddies were murdered. Similar ideas prevailed in Sandy Hook and in Dunblane in the U.K. These, however, involved much small structures and much less money.

I am not saying this is a great idea. I am not saying it is a lame-ass idea. I am saying that it is an expensive idea. Should we jackhammer up street intersections where kids and run down by drunk drivers? Should we bulldoze private homes where children are murdered by parents or other caregivers? Or should we say, "Shit Happens, suck it up and deal with it."

I admit I don't know the "right" answer. I don't live in Florida so little if any of my money will be involved. I also don't have children so maybe I can't relate to the angst the fragile little creatures will otherwise suffer. They are not third graders, they are highs school students.

I am just throwing it out for discussion. How much is too much??

EDITOR'S NOTE: This is ridiculous! As you say, "Shit Happens, suck it up and deal with it."

No comments: