Friday, January 31, 2020

BAD SNAKE. BAD SNAKE

by Bob Walsh

If you follow the gun press and firearms forums (which I do) you will note that it is being asserted that Colt is recalling all of the Colt Pythons currently in the supply pipeline due to problems with the cylinders binding up. I would like to hope that the release of a not-quite-new-design $1500 revolver was preceded by an appropriate amount of testing and decent individual quality control, but one never knows about such things.

The posts I am seeing seem to be authoritative and first-hand rather than fuzzy and second or third hand so there just might be something to it. Since they aren't on the CA list I can't buy one (legally) yet anyway, so I am in no big rush. I have always heard "Don't buy version 1.0" anyway.

1 comment:

Trey Rusk said...

The original Colt Pythons were hand made. The new model is not. Held one at Shot Show. It was nice. Just not nice enough.