Saturday, February 22, 2020

AMAZON VERSUS GOD ..... AMAZON WON

by Bob Walsh

I caught only bits of this off the news, so I am operating without all the info here. Be that as it may, it seems that the Amazon deal with the post office to deliver their packages, including on Sundays, has gotten at least one rural mail carrier relieved of his duties.

He did not want to work on the sabbath. The new deal with Amazon would require him to work on the sabbath. He didn't like that and sued. He lost.

If I recall correctly rural mail carriers are not civil service but are contract employees so, assuming I am correct, they would not have the same protections as a civil service employee might under the same circumstances. Still it would suck to take a job that you were pretty darn sure would give you Sunday off and then have the rules changed.

2 comments:

Trey Rusk said...

That ruling surprises me. I once worked a stake out with a very religious partner. He pissed and moaned all Sunday about working. He asked what he should do if things broke bad and he had to shoot someone? I told him to shut up and do his job. Idiot.

bob walsh said...

You could have suggested he throw his bible at the bad guy.