Wednesday, September 11, 2013

JACK DANIEL’S FISHING STORY

The Unconventional Gazette
September 10, 2013

I went fishing this morning, but after a short time, I ran out of worms.

Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in its mouth.

Frogs are good bass bait.

Knowing the snake couldn’t bite me with the frog in its mouth, I grabbed it right behind the head, took the frog and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey and poured a little in its mouth. Its eyes rolled back, and it went limp.

I released the snake into the lake without incident and carried on fishing, using the frog.

Not long after, I felt a nudge on my foot. It was that damn snake … with two more frogs.

Life is good, especially with Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey.

No comments: