Friday, May 23, 2014

FORT WORTH MAILMAN USES DEADLY FORCE TO DEFEND HIMSELF AGAINST FEROCIOUS YORKIE

Lawrence Brown said “I got me one” and a USPS spokesperson defends him, saying “The letter carrier was defending himself from a dog attack”

I wonder if Arlene Sanchez, the USPS spokesperson, said that with a straight face? A Yorkie weighs seven pounds at most, but more likely around five pounds. I know they can bite, but ... there is no way you can convince me that Brown had to cave in the skull of that tiny creature. Saying “I got me one” indicates to me that Brown was pissed off at dogs and was just itching “to get one,” even if it had to be a tiny Yorkie.

Hair Balls wants to learn the results of the USPS’s “investigation.” If there’s no great outcry, the Yorkie’s killing will be swept under the rug and Mr. Brown’s supervisor will tell him, “Tsk, tsk, tsk, Larry the next time don’t do that if someone is going to see you.”

‘I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO,’ SAYS MAILMAN ACCUSED OF KILLING A YORKIE WITH A ROCK
By Craig Malisow

Houston Press Hair Balls
May 21, 2014

Houston may have a high number of dog attacks on postal workers, but it's a Fort Worth letter carrier who's taking heat for allegedly killing a family's dog with a rock.

Lawrence Brown says the mailman, whose name has not been released, admitted to caving in the 5-year-old Yorkshire terrier's skull with a rock May 17.

According to the Star-Telegram, Brown heard a dog yelping in pain and saw the mailman nearby. Brown said he asked the man what he did to the dog, and the man replied, "I got me one."

"'I asked him why he hit my wife's dog with a rock, and he said, 'I did what I had to do,'" according to the story.

USPS Spokeswoman Arlene Sanchez told the paper that "the postal service takes the issue of dog bite prevention seriously. We are saddened at the loss of the customer's pet." She also stated that "local postal officials are conducting a thorough investigation and will take appropriate actions, as needed, pending the results. We understand that in this instance, the letter carrier was defending himself from a dog attack."

Brown said that the dog, Maxwell, was put to sleep due to the severity of his injuries -- he said that Maxwell suffered "a shattered skull and severe spinal cord injury."

We really would like to learn the results of the USPS's "investigation."

No comments: