Tuesday, May 13, 2014

WHY SHOULD I CARE?

By Bob Walsh

PACOVILLA Corrections blog
May 12, 2014

The media is making much of the fact that today Toni Atkins was voted in as the first female speaker of the California State Assembly. This has been done in much the same way as the former holder of that august title, John Perez, was widely heralded as the first openly gay speaker of the assembly, to the point where, for the first year of his term, every news article about him specifically spoke to that fact.

Why should I give a rat’s ass? Perhaps if the legislature of the once great state of California was more interested in doing their job and less interested in hanging politically correct (or incorrect) labels on each other our state might not be circling the drain as it is now.

I don’t care if you urinate standing up or sitting down. I don’t care if you like having sex with men, women, goats or some combination thereof. I don’t care if you are white, black, brown, yellow, red, purple or orange. I just want you to do your goddamn job honestly and competently.

1 comment:

bob walsh said...

NOTE: She is not the first female speaker, I was wrong. She is the first GAY female speaker. My apologies. Please note my error does not invalidate my point.