Monday, December 15, 2014

HAVE CHARLIE AND STAR GOTTEN MARRIED?

Although Charles Manson and Elaine ‘Star’ Burton obtained a marriage license, and California prison authorities said they could get married in the visiting room at the state prison in Corcoran, I cannot find out if they have actually had a wedding ceremony.

I thought you all might find interesting how Phil Burton, Star’s father, felt about his daughter’s relationship with Manson. From Mail Online:

THE IN-LAWS: WHAT STAR'S FATHER THINKS ABOUT MARRIAGE TO MANSON
By Laura Collins

Mail Online
December 14, 2014

Star's father Phil Burton spoke exclusively with Mail Online in July, to describe the moment his daughter called to announce her engagement.

'Daddy I'm getting married to Charlie,' Star gushed to her 45-year-old father.

Mr Burton, of Bunker Hill, Illinois, said that while he loves his daughter, he would not be attending her wedding and does not support her relationship with Manson.

‘We have not, we are not going to and we never will, no matter what she does in her life, disown our daughter. I love my kids more than life itself. I love my daughter, my wife loves my daughter and I know she still loves us,' Mr Burton told MailOnline.

Mr Burton revealed that his daughter first discovered Manson in high school, when a friend profiled the mass-murderer for a school project.

‘This particular friend of hers got hold of a lot of pro Manson literature. She’s a kid. She didn’t dig. She didn’t research. She’s just wanting to do her paper. And it had a lot to do with what he’s doing now with ATWA (Air Trees Water Animals and All the Way Alive),' Mr Burton said.

Mr Burton says his young daughter was drawn to ATWA and its naturalistic ideals, which led her to first reach out to Manson through letters.

However, Mr Burton says he was not aware of his daughter's first contact with Manson, and would have stopped the correspondence had he known.

‘If I could have shut it down when it started, of course I would have. But we couldn’t. She was already 18 by the time we found out,' he said.

Mr Burton also revealed his opinion about Manson, who he has spoken to over the phone.

‘I’ve talked with him and I don’t mean this as an insult, it’s an observation, I think maybe there’s been a bit of Napoleon syndrome over the years. He’s not a tall man and perhaps he’s made up for that by becoming this big personality,' he said.

While Mr Bruton is troubled by his daughter's fascination with Manson, he says he is comforted by the fact that Manson will be behind bars for their marriage.

‘It’s never going to be able to come to fruition. It’s never going to develop into a full blown relationship and I think that may be a part of what eases me a little as a parent,' he said.

No comments: