Friday, May 29, 2020

RUGER PC-9 REPORT

by Bob Walsh

I hadn't bought a new gun all year, so last month I went out and bought a nice new Ruger PC-9 9mm semi-automatic breakdown carbine.  I got a decent electronic sight for it and took it out yesterday morning to put some rounds thru it.

It didn't want to cycle 147 gn Subsonics reliably.  It SHOT them very well, but constantly short-stroked the bolt.  I did shoot 150 rounds of other ammo, the weapon liked them just fine.  I had rough-zeroed the sights with a bore sighter so it took only 4 or 5 shots to get the optic zeroed up properly.

It's fun.  I liked it and it was, IMHO, about $650 well spent.  I did notice that it likes the Ruger magazines better than the Glocks, presumably because the plastic Glocks bulge slightly when they are fully loaded.  Th metal Ruger mags don't.  The Glocks "drag" going into the mag well.  Changing the mag well is very easy.  The weapon is not light but it is very comfortable to shoot.

If you are looking for something along those lines you should definitely at least take a look at this one. 

2 comments:

Trey Rusk said...

Good review.

bob walsh said...

Thanks.