Thursday, November 17, 2022

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

By Bob Walsh

 

                   Smith & Wesson 38 Caliber Military and Police Revolver Model No. 12


I recently bought myself a birthday present.  It is a "birth year" gun, specifically a S&W Military and Police factory snub-nose .38 special revolver.  It is the incarnation of cool.

I took it down to the range today and put about 125 assorted rounds thru it.  It shot very well and was  comfortable to shoot.  After the range I detail stripped it.  It was VERY clean inside.  Almost no wear.  No crudded up old lubrication.  No buggered screws.  Even the grips were numbered to the gun, though they need refinishing.  I suspect it was an old cops gun.  It came with a funk basket weave holster that a detective would have worn back in the 1950s.  I am working thru the S&W Historical Association to see if I can trace the gun back.  

All things considered I am VERY happy with my birthday present to me. 

1 comment:

Trey said...

Happy Birthday! Nice present!