Monday, November 23, 2020

PLAGUE REPORT UPDATE FROM STOCKTON

It Was A Very Good Day Actually


by Bob Walsh

Sometimes you just have a good day.  Yesterday was one.  It was 68 degrees and no wind.  My gf bought me a new recliner for my birthday because my old one was literally falling apart.  My gf's nurse's grandson came over (he's a good kid) and helped me take my old one apart and put together the new one.  It has a vibrator, heater and lift as well as the usual recline features.  All welded steel frame.  Weighs a ton.  

Then we backed up the pickup truck and threw in a bunch of nasty lumber from a deck rehab project, plus a bunch of cardboard, plus the old recliner, plus an old window hanger a.c. unit from my sisters place, plus an old and decrepit steel frame porch swing from by gf's place and hauled them to the dump.  The kid almost all of the loading and a large chunk of the unloading.  (The plague has not closed the dump down again.  Yet.)

We then had some lunch, went to Home Depot and got some more lumber, the kid loaded and unloaded that, then we (most he) did some more tear down and repair on the deck.  

I got a buttload of work done, I didn't have to actually do too much of it, it didn't cost me all that much and the kid got a chance to get out of the house for a while.  

Sometimes you have a good day.  This was indeed one.

1 comment:

Trey said...

Nice