Wednesday, November 04, 2015

TARANTINO NOT TAKING BACK CALLING POLICE OFFICERS MURDERERS

Movie director Quentin Tarantino attacks police unions for calling for a boycott of his films after he called cops murderers at an anti-police rally in New York

All cops are not murderers. I never said that. I never even implied that.

What they’re [the police unions] doing is pretty obvious. Instead of dealing with the incidents of police brutality that those people were bringing up, instead of examining the problem of police brutality in this country, better they single me out. And their message is very clear. It’s to shut me down. It’s to discredit me. It is to intimidate me. It is to shut my mouth, and even more important than that, it is to send a message out to any other prominent person that might feel the need to join that side of the argument.

I'm not being intimidated. Frankly, it feels lousy to have a bunch of police mouthpieces call me a cop hater. I'm not a cop hater. That is a misrepresentation. That is slanderous. That is not how I feel.

But you know, that's their choice to do that to me. What can I do? I'm not taking back what I said. What I said was the truth. I'm used to people misrepresenting me; I'm used to being misunderstood. What I'd like to think their attack against me is so vicious that they're revealing themselves. They're hiding in plain sight.


That’s what movie director Quentin Tarantino Told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday in response to a call by police unions all over the country for a boycott of his films. The unions acted after Tarantino called police officers murderers at an anti-police rally in New York on October 24.

Here is what Tarantino told the anti-police demonstrators about cops:

When I see murders, I do not stand by. I have to call a murder a murder and I have to call the murderers the murderers. I’m a human being with a conscience. And if you believe there’s murder going on then you need to rise up and stand up against it. I’m here to say I’m on the side of the murdered.

Tarantino called cops murderers at an anti-police rally that was held just four days after - and while the city was still mourning - the death of NYPD officer Randolph Holder who was killed by a ‘non-violent’ drug offender.

When Tarantino called police officers murderers he hit a new low for the far-left rhetoric spewed out by the Hollywood elite. His outrageous and provocative remark was inciting and inexcusable. However a boycott of Tarantino’s movies and movie sets will have little effect on Tarantino and his fellow police haters, and it would get hardly any public notice.

Here is my suggestion: Go ahead and boycott Tarantino’s movies and movie sets, but also boycott both the next Academy Awards and Golden Globe Awards ceremonies because each has given the police hater two awards. By that I mean that no on-duty or off-duty police officers will provide any security for or at the two ceremonies. The only police presence will be the normal day-to-day police squad cars on patrol in the area, nothing more, nothing less. If they have a problem, they can call 911!

Now that will get the attention of Tarantino and his fellow travelers among Hollywood’s elite, and it will also get the attention of the public.

No comments: