Sunday, April 14, 2019

STUPID DECISION RESULTS IN BAD OUTCOME

by Bob Walsh

Two days ago a college senior died at a party at a frat house in Sacramento. Cause of death was a pellet gun shot to the chest. There was a pool in the back yard and it was a nice day so I am GUESSING that he was wearing very little clothing in the vicinity of the pool. Somebody "accidentally" shot him with the pellet gun and he died.

Pellet guns are not toys. In most of CA now the discharge of a pellet gun inside the city limits is a felony. Just because of dumb shit like this. Now I grant you that it is possible what we have here is a true accident, tragic though it may be, due to an accidental discharge. It is far more likely (no real info being released yet) that it was a negligent discharge or even a deliberate discharge with no bad intention but with disregard for the possible outcome.

I will try to keep you posted.

3 comments:

Dave Freeman said...

A woman shot one of the neighborhood dogs with a pellet gun years ago, as it kept crapping on her lawn. The dog died. She was truly remorseful. Most people have no idea how much damage these "toys" can do.

Anonymous said...

I had a neighbor who told me that he thought my dog had shit in his yard. At that time I had a English Mastiff that weighed 225 which had been dropped off with me when my son was deployed overseas. It would crap like a cow. I shoveled shit each day. I told my neighbor he was mistaken because that was not a pile of my dog's shit. I then took him in my backyard and said, "Now that a pile of shit!" He replied, "Oh My."

I miss Tank and would have gladly continued to clean up after him.

I know it has nothing to do with a pellet gun, but it made me think of him.

bob walsh said...

As of Sunday night the cops are still not releasing any info. Allegedly all those present at the house stayed and are cooperating with the investigation.