Wednesday, November 22, 2023

WELL, THAT KIND OF SUCKS

By Bob Walsh

 Linda Medlin and Diana Berchtold ate lunch at the A&W restaurant in Modesto, Calif., Friday Nov. 17, 2023. Both Modesto natives started coming to the A&W with their families when they were kids.


I don't get into Modesto a great deal any more, but I do once in a while.  There is an old A&W Root Beer joint in Modesto.  It just got shut down, almost certainly permanently, by an ADA lawsuit.  I thought the damn thing was a registered historical structure and exempt from a certain amount of that.  I have a great deal of feeling for ADA people, my lady friend is in a wheel chair.  I understand many of the problems.  But some buildings are simply not set up to the point where they can have ramps installed at a cost that would allow the business to stay in business.    

No comments: