Monday, July 18, 2016

CALIFORNIA AWASH IN A SEA OF RAINBOW FLAGS AND BANNERS

Texas politics and values do not reflect those of uber-liberal California

By Harry Dunne

My family and I just returned from San Diego. Ca. We left just in time. Yesterday was the Gay Pride Parade and Celebration in San Diego. Our flight left early so we missed it. Most of the businesses proudly displayed rainbow flags and even the outside rotunda of the famous Hotel Del Coronado was circled on rainbow banners.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Homophobe, but I don't like it when businesses remove their US Flag and replace with another flag for profit.

While I'm on my soap box, I also want to point out that Southern California must be a major resettlement state for Middle East refugees. I live near the 4th largest city in the US. I have never seen the number of Muslim regalia wearing people in the Houston area that I saw in California. If I'm profiling then so be it. We are in a war against Radical Islam and we will lose if we don't use the proven tool of profiling.

Once again, I'm not an isolationist. I'm for legal immigration that demands a path to US citizenship. I want the current immigration laws enforced. That includes expired student visas and the deportation of criminal aliens.

I will probably not return to California. I have enjoyed its climate and beauty many times. My politics and values do not reflect those of California. I will miss it.

EDITOR’S NOTE: I can attest to the fact that Harry Dunne is not homophobic.

Harry Dunne is the pen name of a veteran Texas law enforcement official.

No comments: