Tuesday, October 19, 2021

COLIN POWELL: 'WHY WOULD I WANT TO BE PRESIDENT WHEN I COULD BE KING?'

New Yorkers loved Colin Powell 

 

By

 

New York Post

October 18, 2021 

 

 

former Secretary of State Colin Powell                           Colin Powell died from COVID-19 complications

 

Colin Powell lived in Virginia but I loved his telling me: “New Yorkers are great. They don’t say, ‘Hey, General’ . . . or ‘Hey, Mr. Secretary’ . . . they holler out, ‘Hey, Colin.’” And: “If we lack money to fund this government’s needs, then the Statue of Liberty can go condo.” 

In ’03 a psychic predicted Colin would become VP in 2004. He replied: “I’m actually related to the British royal family. Why would I want to be president when I could be king?” More. Asked if he would quit as secretary of state, answered: “No. Because I’m the first black man to have this job.”

No comments: