Monday, October 18, 2021

I KNOW IT IS THE CITY OF BROTHERLY LOVE, BUT STILL......

by Bob Walsh

The city of Philadelphia, PA. is about to start hiring no-sworn, unarmed "public safety officers" to enforce parking and traffic regulations, especially in the downtown area.  There will be 20 of them, they will work for the Office of Transportation, Infrastructure and Sustainability, whateverthehell that is.  

I wonder how much and what sort of "traffic regulations" they will enforce?  Nobody pretended that "Meter Maids" were ever cops.  Once they start trying to do traffic "enforcement" it could get pretty hairy for them.  I hope it works out.  I am not betting on it.  

1 comment:

Trey said...

Traffic enforcement is dangerous work. I'll bet the City, State and Feds will not give then the same injury and death benefits that real cops have. Nope. They are getting the short end of the stick.