Monday, May 09, 2022

IT WAS ONE HELL OF A HORSE RACE

By Bob Walsh

 

Rich Strike, with Sonny Leon aboard, beats Epicenter at the finish line.Rich Strike, at 80-1, wins the 2022 Kentucky Derby

 

My lady friend used to go to the track with her mom pretty much every year and put a couple of dollars on the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness, and the Belmont Stakes.  She has continued this practice, sort of as a homage to her mom.

So, since my local horse parlor was pretty much impossible to get to the last couple of years I have placed the bets on line.  Then of course we record the race in question and watch it.

Saturday's Kentucky Derby was ONE HELL of a race.  An add-on that wasn't even on the board 24 hours before the race, running at 80-1, blasted past the leaders in the last couple of hundred yards and won by a length.  That was truly the most exciting horse race I ever saw, even though I did not win a nickel on it.

1 comment:

Trey said...

I love a good under horse winner.