Monday, May 28, 2012

HUNGARIAN CHERRY SOUP

I just ran across this recipe on IsraelNationalNews.com. I remember savoring this soup as a little boy in Germany. I’ve only had it a few time since I’ve been in the U.S. Chilled cherry soup will make an excellent first course for any dinner. I’m posting the recipe because it you’ll try it, I know you will like it.

RECIPE: CHILLED CHERRY SOUP
By Sima Herzfeld

Ingredients:

2 cans pitted sour cherries, with their juice. (1.5 kilo).

1 tsp cinnamon or allspice

1/4 tsp ground ginger

1 container of cream, 15% (or 1 cup soy milk)

1/4 cup Emerald Riesling white wine (optional)

Add the wine and the jars of cherries, with their juice, to a soup tureen. In a small bowl, whisk together the cream and 1⁄4 cup of cherry liquid and the spices. Chill the soup. Serve cold.

Tip: Refrigerate the jars of cherries and then combine the ingredients just before serving.

Serves 4 – 6.

Enjoy!

No comments: