Tuesday, June 21, 2016

FORMER AGENT CLAIMES OJ CONFESSED MURDERING EX-WIFE

Mike Gilbert claimed that OJ told him he had not planned to kill his wife when he went to her home on June 12, 1994, but he is convinced Simpson went to Nicole's home with the intention of murdering her

By Chris Spargo

Daily Mail
June 19, 2016

OJ Simpson admitted to killing his ex-wife Nicole Brown months after being acquitted of her murder claims the football star's former agent.

In the final installment of the ESPN documentary OJ: Made In America, Mike Gilbert claimed that Simpson told him he had not planned to kill his wife when he went to her home on June 12, 1994, and that she might still be alive if she had not answered the door with a knife in her hand.

Gilbert later said he did not even believe this, and is convinced Simpson went to Nicole's home with the intention of murdering her over the fact that she had left him and was seeing his friend and protege Marcus Allen.

Marcus Allen's rep has refused to respond to multiple requests for comment from DailyMail.com.

It was also revealed by Nicole's sister Tanya Brown during the documentary's finale that Simpson had the children removed from the custody of Nicole's grandparents on Christmas Eve.

'That was devastating,' said Tanya.

Gilbert said Simpson then discouraged the children from seeing their grandparents and told his daughter Sydney: 'They don't want you. They want you for the money. They want you for the child support. That why they want you.'

Gilbert said he and Simpson were drinking Rolling Rock beers and the football star was smoking pot the night they talked about Nicole's murder while hanging out his Rockingham home.

'He was looking around the backyard, reliving all the different events that happened there. And I just asked him: "What happened June 12th [the day Nicole was murdered]?' said Gilbert.

'And he asked me what I thought happened. And I said: "I always thought you probably did it."

I said: "I know what you told AC [Al Cowlings], that you went there but you just went to see what was going on, you didn't take a knife."'

That is when Gilbert claims Simpson made his confession.

'He shook his head and he said: "Yeah." And he said: " If she wouldn't have opened the door with a knife she'd probably still be alive."'

Gilbert then said that over time he found even that story to be unbelievable, and now believes Simpson planned to commit the murder all along.

'I believed that for the longest time and then I ... He went there to kill her.

'He went there to kill her because of how she made him feel ... rejected ... like she didn't need him.

'And then of course the Marcus thing. He was seeing Marcus was him, but 15 years younger.

'And I guess the part that bothers me about it is that he left the kids upstairs to ... they could've walked out and seen their mom like that.

'If I died tomorrow I would know without doubt that he did it not even a slight maybe that he didn't."

Gilbert said on the third episode of the documentary that shortly after Nicole Brown ended a brief attempt at a reconciliation between herself and Simpson and told him they were done for good, the football star said to his ex-wife: ‘You ever see Marcus again and I will kill you.’

Nicole and Marcus had been rumored to be having a relationship but he later denied those claims while giving a deposition in Simpson’s 1996 civil trial.

He was also married at the time to his wife Kathryn, who later divorced him and starred on the past season of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

One person who does not deny the rumors however is Nicole, with diary entries she wrote at the time talking about how much she likes Marcus and the way he treats her and how she feels bad about the impact her actions might have on Kathryn.

Gilbert said that in all his time knowing Simpson, and the problems he and Nicole had in their relationship, nothing dealt a more difficult blow to the football star than learning that his ex was seeing Allen, who he had mentored over the years and considered a close friend.

‘When he found out about Marcus that was a real issue,’ said Gilbert.

‘I think she always festered a crush for Marcus,’ said Nicole’s close friend Robin Greer.

‘He was the only person in her life that was as famous and as strong as OJ.’

Marcus was in many ways just like Simpson Greer pointed out, only a ‘younger’ version. And 'bigger' according to Greer.

Nicole wrote in one of her diary entries that she feels 'beautiful and sexy and smart' when she is with Marcus, as opposed to feeling 'jabs' when she is with Simpson.

She also writes Marcus and 'other guys adore me and make me feel special.'

Greer was part of Simpson's close group of female friends - which also included Kris Jenner and Faye Resnick - and she spoke in the documentary about how amazing it was when Nicole finally left the relationship.

‘When she left him for good, she called me up and said: “Yep, this is it Robin, I’m done.

‘She goes, “I have no feeling for him whatsoever. it's just over.”

‘She was free and she was happy without him and I think he knew it was really over.’

Simpson however could not accept that according to almost all those interviewed for the documentary, who spoke about his temper.

‘He was truly the most jealous person I ever met in my life,’ said friend Thomas McCollum III.

Greer did not know - or perhaps would not say - whether or not Nicole did see

Marcus after she left Simpson that final time.

She did however reveal why she would have reignited that relationship.

‘If she did it, it was more for her own personal rebellion,’ said Greer

‘It was more for her saying to herself: I’m going to date who I want. I’m going to go where I want. I’m going to be friends with who I want. I’m free.

'You have lost me OJ. Watch me run'

EDITOR’S NOTE: Gilbert has also revealed that the reason the glove did not fit OJ’s hand during the trial was not because it had shrunk or was the wrong glove, but rather because Simpson had stopped taking his arthritis medicine for two weeks knowing his hands would swell and his joints become stiff.

No comments: