Thursday, June 10, 2010

CALM DOWN AND GET OVER YOUR APOPLEXY

In his response to a question NBC's Matt Lauer asked about criticism of the way he’s handling the Gulf oil spill, President Obama answered, "I don't sit around just talking to experts because this is a college seminar. We talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers, so I know whose ass to kick."
 
A horde of people went apoplectic over Obama’s use of the word ‘ass’ because they felt it to be inappropriate language for the President of the United States. Hey folks, get a life! If you’ve followed my blogs, you know that I am most certainly not an Obama fan. But I don’t see anything wrong in what he said and I do not believe his use of that word is going to pollute the minds of children. Shit, by the time kids reach middle school they have already been well versed in the use of the ‘f’ word.
 
I remember when Harry Truman, my favorite president, called columnist Drew Pearson a SON OF A BITCH for criticizing daughter Margaret’s singing ability. From the public’s reaction you would have thought the world was coming to an end. As for me, I applauded the president for standing up on behalf of his daughter.
 
Other presidents have also used profanity in public. Obama’s "whose ass to kick" was absolutely mild compared to Truman’s SOB remark. So, all you screamers, calm down and get over your apoplexy.

No comments: