Friday, June 18, 2010

NO RESPECT FOR ROYALTY

On their current visit to Africa, Prince William, second in line for the British throne, and his younger brother, Prince Harry, stopped off at the Mokolodi Nature Reserve in Botswana. They agreed to clown around for the cameras by holding an 8-foot long rock python on their shoulders.
 
William made sure that Harry was given the biting end to hold. While William was holding up the tail end, the python decided to show the future King of England what he thought of him. The snake pissed and barely missed drenching his Royal Highness. Apparently there’s no respect for royalty in the kingdom of reptiles.
 
An 8-foot python? What a couple of sissies. In 1995, while in Columbia’s Amazon, I held a 12-foot long anaconda on my shoulders, and I did it all by myself. While I held the head tightly (for sure) with my right hand, the critter coiled its tail part around my left arm. I held it for about four or five minutes before its weight was about to get the best of me. Man, was that fat sucker ever heavy! Oh yes, the anaconda did not take a leak while I was holding it.

1 comment:

Centurion said...

I held a salamander once...