Friday, October 25, 2013

AFTER 70 YEARS OF MARRIED LIFE, WIFE STILL CALLS HER HUSBAND BY LOVING NAMES

The Unconventional Gazette
October 24, 2013

A pastor and his wife invited a couple of longtime church members to their home for dinner. The couple were in their 90s and had been married for almost 70 years. It became obvious to the pastor’s wife that the old couple were still very much in love because the wife preceded every request to her husband with endearing terms such as Honey, My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, Angel, etc.

While the husband was in the living room, the pastor’s wife leaned over to the old woman and said, “I think it’s wonderful that, after all these years, you still call your husband all those loving names.”

The old woman hung her head. “I have to tell you the truth,” she said. “His name slipped my mind about 10 years ago, and I’m scared to death to ask the cranky old bastard what his name is.”

No comments: