Monday, September 23, 2019

IMELDA FUCKED UP THE MAIL

Last Wednesday was the last day that folks in Houston and many of its suburbs received any first-class mail

Tropical depression Imelda packed a punch. It dumped so much rain on the Houston Postal Service sorting and distribution center that the flat roof of the building collapsed just before noon Thursday. This is the largest mail sorting facility in the country.

Three people were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The postal service said Friday that no mail is being processed for the region and anything mailed last week may have been lost. They forgot to mention that much if not all the mail in the distribution center may have been destroyed.

I checked at my local post office this afternoon and was told they have no idea when delivery of first-class mail will resume, but that packages are being delivered as usual.

“The check is in the mail.” I hope my checks were not in the distribution center when the rain water came pouring in along with the collapsing roof.

Fuck Imelda, that illegal immigrant of a storm!

4 comments:

bob walsh said...

Once my mail was held up for one day due to a murder at the local post office. I guess it is not quite the same thing. Look on the bright side, your bills were probably turned into pulp too.

BarkGrowlBite said...

Gee thanks Bob! My bills, the checks I mailed to pay bills, and checks that were mailed to me may now be pulp. You sure know how to make a guy feel better.

bob walsh said...

I do what I can to help in these times of trouble.

Trey Rusk said...

It's Ben Franklin's fault.