Sunday, September 25, 2022

THIS COULD BE A LOT MORE INTERESTING FOR ME

 By Bob Walsh


Sonny Barger served over four years of jail time of a 10-year sentence for narcotics and weapons possession in the 1970s.Hells Angels founder Sonny Barger died at his home following a battle with liver cancer.

 

I just found out that Sonny Barger's funeral is going to be Saturday here in Stockton at the Hwy 99 Motor Speedway, just a couple of miles up the road from my home.  They are expecting about 20,000 of the boys to attend.  The Sheriff is really pissed that the operators of the speedway refused to cancel out on the event at his request.

Allegedly the Angels have come to a temporary agreement with their rivals to not start any shit and practically every security guard in the county will be there, as well as metal detectors at the gates.  I foresee no problem getting 20,000 people in typical cycle attire thru metal detectors.  (NOT)

One thing for sure, I am staying the hell away from that part of town tomorrow.

 


Barger also made a surprised announcement on his own death on Wednesday in a pre-written statement posted on his Facebook page.

freewheelen — READING: Hell's Angel by Ralph “Sonny” Barger (Pt.... 

“If you are reading this message, you’ll know that I’m gone. I’ve asked that this note be posted immediately after my passing.

“I’ve lived a long and good life filled with adventure. And I’ve had the privilege to be part of an amazing club. Although I’ve had a public persona for decades, I’ve mostly enjoyed special time with my club brothers, my family, and close friends.

“Keep your head up high, stay loyal, remain free, and always value honor.” He signed the note, “Sonny HAMCO,” a nod to the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club Oakland that he founded in 1957.

3 comments:

bob walsh said...

Turned out about 9,000 actually showed up and, except for minor traffic issues it was a big nothingburger.

Trey said...

I believe that in this time of lawlessness Biker Gangs are simply too busy making money. Fentanyl is going great guns and you can be sure the bikers are in on it. I'm sure most of the intel squads have been disbanded to fill the dwindling patrol ranks.

bob walsh said...

The Hells Angels were, I am told, one of the first "motorcycle clubs" to move heavily into catering trucks (roach coaches). Since they are a cash only business you can launder a hell of a lot of drug money thru a small fleet of food trucks.