Friday, September 23, 2011

TAIL GUNNER JOE

On a flight getting ready to depart for the Texas border city of Brownsville, Joe was sitting on the plane when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear.

"What's the matter?" Joe asked.

"I've been transferred to Brownsville, there are crazy people there. They've got lots of shootings, gangs, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime rate in the nation."

Joe replied, "I've lived in Brownsville all my life. It's not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, and enroll your kids in a nice private school. It's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."

The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank you. I've been worried to death. But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"I'm the tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."

No comments: