Monday, December 12, 2016

A STRONGER RELATIONSHIP WITH ISRAEL?

Netanyahu: Trump feels 'very warmly' about Israel, the Jewish people

Israel Hayom
December 11, 2016

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump feels "very warmly" toward Israel and the Jewish people, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in an interview with CBS's "60 Minutes," scheduled to air on Sunday night.

"I know him [Trump] very well, and I think his attitude, his support for Israel is very clear. He feels very warmly about the Jewish state, about the Jewish people and about Jewish people. There's no question about that." Netanyahu told journalist Lesley Stahl.

The prime minister further said he expects Israel-U.S. relations to grow stronger under the Trump administration.

Commenting on the rocky relationship Netanyahu has had with outgoing President Barack Obama, Netanyahu said he believed the differences were never personal.

"Yes, we had differences of opinion -- I had differences of opinion with President Obama, most well known of course is Iran, [but] no, I don't thing it was [personal]. Suppose we had the greatest personal chemistry. You think I wouldn't stand up against the Iran deal if I thought, as I did, that it endangers the existence of Israel? Of course I would."

EDITOR’S NOTE: But will Trump keep his promise to move the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem? I seriously doubt it, especially if he appoints Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State. As CEO of Exon Mobil, Tillerson has been palsy-walsy with the Saudis and moving the embassy to Jerusalem would infuriate his Arab buddies.

1 comment:

bob walsh said...

It would be hard for Israel to have a worse relationship with the U.S. in the future than they have with us now. I am not sure Obama is an anti-Semite but he is certainly pro-Muslim.