Tuesday, October 24, 2017

DO THE SCOUTS NOW HATE FIREARMS?

by Bob Walsh

Ames Mayfield was a Cub Scout in the greater Denver, CO.area. His pack was taken to a talk by State Senator Vicki Marble. They were told to prepare questions about issues that were important to them to put to the senator.

Ames was kicked out of the pack because he asked about gun control. The scouts deemed it to be inappropriate, disrespectful and political. (I thought the idea was to be political.)

The Boy Scouts of America have declined comment but have said young Ames will remain in the program with a different group. The spokeshole for the organization also asserted that the Scouts are a "wholly non-partisan organization and does not promote any one political position..." I guess that whoever said that got their BULLSHITTER merit badge.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I am an Eagle Scout and back then I believe the Scouts had a shooting merit badge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Boy Scouts were a great organization. Now I hear girls are going to join the Boy Scouts. Local faith based organizations are creating their own Scout programs.

Anonymous said...

Back when I was in high school we had a rifle team. There was a rifle range under the auditorium and each member was issued a match grade .22 rifle. It was a fine program that taught safety, responsibility and marksmanship.

The school did a good job, but my Dad taught me more about being of good character, hunting, gun safety, taking responsibility and marksmanship than they ever did. He taught me to treat everyone the same whether they were the cleaning staff or the President.

Dave Freeman said...

The present scouts bear little resemblance to the organization you and I were once a part of Bob.

Same name. Different organization.

BarkGrowlBite said...

Anonymous 9:22AN, if you are the Anon I know, your Dad, who happened to be my best friend and ally at College of the Mainland, did an outstanding job of training you, which is reflected in your commendable law enforcement career. Your Dad must be very proud of you as he looks down from heaven.