Tuesday, November 28, 2017

POCAHONTAS CANNOT TAKE A JOKE

Sen. Elizabeth Warren accuses President Trump of making a racial slur

In the 1990s, Harvard Law School listed Elizabeth Warren as a Native American because she had described herself as such i in an Association of American Law Schools directory. Ever since, her opponents have questioned her claimed ancestry.

To answer her doubters, Warren has said: “I am very proud of my heritage. These are my family stories. This is what my brothers and I were told by my mom and my dad, my mammaw and my pappaw. This is our lives. And I'm very proud of it.”

Uber-liberal Warren has been one of Trump’s most outspoken opponents, starting with his campaign for the presidency and continuing to date. Trump has responded by calling her Pocahontas from time. He did so again Monday at a White House reception honoring WW2 ‘Code Talkers.’

During WW2, in order to prevent the Japanese from understanding our combat communications, the U.S. Marines used Navajo Indians to relay radio messages with codes from their native tongue.. The Code Talkers were in the thick of combat on Pacific islands, and a number of them were killed and wounded.

Warren shot back at Trump, saying: “It is deeply unfortunate that the president of the United States cannot make it through a ceremony honoring these heroes without having to throw out a racial slur. Donald Trump does this over and over thinking somehow he's going to shut me up with it, it hadn't worked in the past it is not going to work in the future.”

In fairness to Warren, she did not use the minority designation to advance her career.

Native American groups object to referring to any Indian as Pocahontas.

In these politically correct times, we cannot use any term that might possibly construed as insensitive to minorities. It’s too bad that Pocahontas Warren cannot take a joke

This sort of reminds me of the song Jesus loves me ’cause my momma told me so. With Warren it’s I’m an Indian ’cause my mammaw told me so.

ADDENDUM: John McCain says that Trump saying ‘Pocahontas’ in front of Navajo code-talkers is an “insult to genuine American heroes.”

Pocahontas Warren says that calling her Pocahontas is “a disgusting low.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Warren is a joke. If Trump would leave her alone she just might dry up and blow away of her own accord.

bob walsh