Saturday, September 26, 2020

THIS HARDLY EVER HAPPENS

by Bob Walsh


I just got a copy of an official email from the warden telling the staff at the Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI, aka The Deuel Hotel) that the prison will be shutting down within the next twelve months.  Prisons, at least in California, are almost never shut down but a combination of "realignment" and 'sentencing reform" has reduced the prison population to the point where the Governor things this is a good idea.  

I worked for 24 years at that place and will actually miss it a bit, even though I have been retired for over 15 years.  In addition it will now be much less convenient for me to do my annual qualifications, but that's life.  . 

1 comment:

Dave Freeman said...

I keep tellin ya and tellin ya Bob...Move To Arizona.

I haven't bothered to qualify for my concealed carry endorsement in over 13 years. Reason being...here in Arizona...any non felon citizen who wants to concealed carry DOESN'T NEED NO STINKING PERMIT.

And no...the number of crimes involving guns here in Arizona is NOT higher than those occurring in Kalifornia.

Something to think about.