Saturday, December 29, 2018

SNAPCHAT VIDEO SHOWS MISSING BOYS BLOODILY BEATEN AND PISTOL-WHIPPED IN DRUG DEAL GONE BAD

Family members diligently search for missing teen boys, Collin Romero, 15, and Ahmed Lateef, 14

By Megan Abundis

KOB 4
December 26, 2018

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Collin Romero and Ahmed Lateef went missing on December 16th and family members continue to search for the two teen boys all Christmas Day.

"It's just not right to celebrate Christmas with them out here," said Amanda Kimbrel, Collin's mother. "Christmas doesn't matter to me right now it's not on my priority list."

Police said that the two boys were involved in a drug deal that may have gone bad in northeast Albuquerque.

But their families are working to search every inch for them this Christmas holiday.

"I had so many plans for this Christmas,” Kimbrel said. "This was the first Christmas I could really afford to do a lot. I had the Christmas tree up and lights, my son always wanted me to do stuff like that but, money was always an issue. This is the first time it wasn't and he doesn't get to see any of it."

Police said the boys were last seen in a Snapchat video, bloodied and beaten on the West Mesa. Kimbrel hasn't seen it but has heard about the video.

"They were being beaten very, very brutally, pistol-whipped," she said. "Snapchat has this information and they are refusing to hand it over."

She said police have served a warrant to the social media company and is asking for young teens to give police information anonymously.

"We're really asking for the younger community to take this seriously," Kimbrel said. "We're concerned with their whereabouts, not who did this or why."

Kimbrel said she's not giving up hope that they are still alive.

"I just can't stop, I won't be able to live with myself," Kimbrel said. "I have to bring them home I have to have my son with me I want to return Ahmed to his mother Yazmin. If there are arroyos near your house or wash out things like that please just check."

As of Monday, police said there's no update. Crime Stoppers is offering a reward.

No comments: