Saturday, September 05, 2009

".....IF I'VE OFFENDED....."

If you’ve been reading my blogs, you know that I recently got highly pissed off at a fellow volunteer (at the nature center where we work) for saying that all cops are corrupt ["Don’t Call For A Cop!" (8-24-09)]. I won’t have anything to do with that jerk anymore.

Well, last Tuesday he approached me and asked if I was mad at him. When I emphatically told him yes, he asked why (as if he didn’t know). When I told him it was because of his sorry-ass statement that all cops are corrupt, he replied: "I apologize if I've offended you."

If I've offended you? The asshole doesn’t get it. That kind of an apology is just as obnoxious as a criminal referring to his crime as a "mistake."

Take Obama administration official Van Jones, the Special Advisor for Green Jobs at the White House Council on Environmental Quality. Prior to joining the White House, Jones was an activist associated with some of most extreme left-wing organizations in the San Francisco Bay area.

In 2004, Jones signed a 911truth.org petition which asked for an immediate "inquiry into evidence that suggests high-level government [Bush] officials may have deliberately allowed the September 11th attacks to occur." The petition also stated that the Bush administration "may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen, perhaps as a pretext for war."

Now Jones is under attack for signing that venomous petition, as well as for calling Republican congressional leaders "assholes." Jones released a statement saying that the petition (which he signed) did not reflect his views and that "If I have offended anyone with statements I made in the past, I apologize."

Because they believe they're right, Jones, my fellow volunteer, and others like them are not sorry for what they said in their preposterous and/or poisonous statements. They’re only sorry that people got mad at them.

Well, that just doesn’t fly with me. Jones, who complains that he's the victim of a "vicious smear campaign," should be fired! And I won’t have anything more to do with an asshole who claims that all cops are corrupt.  

1 comment:

Centurion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.