Monday, September 24, 2018

MAYBE ITS JUST ME

by Bob Walsh

I like Americas Got Talent. I watch it with my lady friend, who likes it a whole bunch. She was very fond of Michael Ketterer. He does in fact have a modest amount of talent but has a very good sob story. He and his wife have adopted several children with serious medical or developmental issues. He is a "worship leader" and a pediatric mental health care nurse.

He was arrested Thursday for felony spousal abuse for thumping his wife in a hotel room. She wasn't that seriously thumped but she did have marks on her so the cops arrested him for felony spousal battery. It will almost certainly be plea-bargained down.

Some people just have a hard time not winning, especially when everybody around him tells him the sun rises out of his ass every morning.

First place this past season was taking by an outstanding close-up magician. Second spot went to a truly incredible acrobatic dance group. I think he was fourth or fifth. Life is hard.

Maybe it is a personality defect in me, but I really don't give a rat's ass about their sob stories. Most people in the world (except me I guess) had it hard. I don't care if you adopted five kids with serious mental health problems. I don't care if your parents kicked you out because you are gay. I don't care if you dog molested you when you were seven. A talent show should be for TALENT and not hard luck stories. I guess I am just mean.

No comments: