Saturday, September 22, 2018

HOW TO DEFEND YOURSELF WITHOUT AN ACCUSATION

You Can't

by Bob Walsh

Judge Kavanaugh's accuser has put down a list of preconditions (demands) before she will appear before the judiciary committee. One of them is that she gets to choose who will question her. Another is that Kavanaugh has to be questioned first.

Since when do witnesses get to make these choices? Also, how the hell can Kavanaugh defend himself against an unspecified charge?

Remember, he has not even seen the "accusation" (letter) his accuser wrote. Neither has anybody else on the committee except Dianne Feinstein as far as I know. Certainly the Republicans have not. All there is is a non-specific accusation. An accusation is not evidence. There is no actual evidence. She does not even know what year this alleged attack took place. She does not know where it took place. She does not know who else was there. She does not know how she heard of the party in the first place. (Remember, this was pre-internet.) She does not know the name of the host. She is demanding the FBI "investigate" the "crime."

I should point out that there is no statute of limitations in Maryland on most sex crimes. She COULD make a formal complaint to the cops. She has not.

This whole thing is a combination of a stall and a character assassination. The Democraps.want DESPERATELY to stall the vote until after the midterm, when they HOPE that MAYBE they will have the votes to deny Kavanaugh the seat. Failing in that, they hope to muddy his reputation on general principles, in hopes of discouraging any further conservatives from having the audacity to consider being placed on the supreme court.

The Democraps are now asserting that they will impeach Kavanaugh after the mid-term election if he is in fact seated. As far as I know no Supreme Court justice has ever been impeached, though a few certainly should have been. None have been removed form office. I believe lesss than ten federal judges have been removed from office in the history of the Republic.

It is instructive to watch. Disgusting, but instructive. I sure hope the Republicans grow a pair and do their job.

EDITOR'S NOTE: If the Republicans have not seen that letter, they must be blind. It has been widely published for all to see, including Kavanaugh.

3 comments:

bob walsh said...

The letter everybody has seen is a letter to the editor at the NY TIMES. It is NOT the same letter as she sent to DiFi.

BarkGrowlBite said...


July 30, 2018

CONFIDENTIAL

Senator Dianne Feinstein

Dear Senator Feinstein;

I am writing with information relevant in evaluating the current nominee to the Supreme Court.

As a constituent, I expect that you will maintain this as confidential until we have further opportunity to speak.

Brett Kavanaugh physically and sexually assaulted me during high school in the early 1980's. He conducted these acts with the assistance of REDACTED.

Both were one to two years older than me and students at a local private school.

The assault occurred in a suburban Maryland area home at a gathering that included me and four others.

Kavanaugh physically pushed me into a bedroom as I was headed for a bathroom up a short stair well from the living room. They locked the door and played loud music precluding any successful attempt to yell for help.

Kavanaugh was on top of me while laughing with REDACTED, who periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh. They both laughed as Kavanaugh tried to disrobe me in their highly inebriated state. With Kavanaugh's hand over my mouth I feared he may inadvertently kill me.

From across the room a very drunken REDACTED said mixed words to Kavanaugh ranging from "go for it" to "stop."

At one point when REDACTED jumped onto the bed the weight on me was substantial. The pile toppled, and the two scrapped with each other. After a few attempts to get away, I was able to take this opportune moment to get up and run across to a hallway bathroom. I locked the bathroom door behind me. Both loudly stumbled down the stair well at which point other persons at the house were talking with them. I exited the bathroom, ran outside of the house and went home.

I have not knowingly seen Kavanaugh since the assault. I did see REDACTED once at the REDACTED where he was extremely uncomfortable seeing me.

I have received medical treatment regarding the assault. On July 6 I notified my local government representative to ask them how to proceed with sharing this information . It is upsetting to discuss sexual assault and its repercussions, yet I felt guilty and compelled as a citizen about the idea of not saying anything.

I am available to speak further should you wish to discuss. I am currently REDACTED and will be in REDACTED.

In confidence, REDACTED.

bob walsh said...

My bad.