Thursday, November 17, 2011

COVER UP BY PENN STATE COPS?

According to the grand jury report in the Penn State child rape scandal, Mike McQueary was putting sneakers into his locker around 9:30 p.m. on March 1, 2002 when he saw Jerry Sandusky having sex with a young boy. He left, “distraught,” and contacted his father and then head coach Joe Paterno. He later met with athletic director Tim Curley and vice president Gary Schultz to describe what he had seen.

Because of that report, I said that Mike McQueary should be charged and indicted for child endangerment because he failed to stop a child rape being committed in his presence and for failing to report the rape of a child to the police. (Just Exactly What Did McQueary Tell JoePa? / 11-14-11)

McQueary contradicts the grand jury report in an email he recently (November 8) sent to a friend in which he said, “I did stop it, not physically ... but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room ... I did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police .... no one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds ... trust me.” McQueary also told the friend that he felt he was “getting hammered for handling this the right way ... or what I thought at the time was right ... I had to make tough impacting quick decisions.”

If McQueary is being truthful in his email, then we have an even bigger scandal at Penn State – a police cover up. The failure to arrest Sandusky in March 2002 calls for a thorough investigation of the Penn State administrator in charge of the police and the police officials responsible for failing to bring in a reported child rapist.

It sure looks like there was a conspiracy between the college cops and the university administration to protect the church of football by covering up the forcible rape of a child at the hands of a former Penn State football coach.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Just my opinion, but I think it is very likely that there is a big police cover-up... the report was "lost"...
Lorraine