Wednesday, November 23, 2011

JUST THINK IF THAT WAS YOUR KID

On Monday’s NBC Evening News, Brian Williams was commenting on the ‘outrage’ over the pepper spraying of the UC Davis student protesters by saying, “Just think if that was your kid.”

Now if that was my kid, I would kick his ass! I sure as hell did not help pay his way through college to participate in anti-Capitalist protests inspired by Marxist professors. I would not expect him to condemn the very system that enabled me to spend my hard earned money for his education. I would expect him to spend his spare time studying for his degree. And I would expect him to obey a police officer’s request to move.

What would I think if my kid had been one of those UC Davis pepper sprayed students? I would think he brought this on himself and got exactly what he damn well deserved.

No comments: