Thursday, August 18, 2016

NILES CANYON MONSTER EXECUTED

By Bob Walsh

The Niles Canyon Monster, which I wrote about yesterday, in reality a 4-foot alligator, was shot to death yesterday morning by a state wildlife officer when they were unable to capture the beast.

The poor critter was killed in Alameda Creek alongside Old Canyon Road. I am confident the local raccoon population will forage more comfortably tonight.

EDITOR’S NOTE: Fuck that state wildlife officer. Here in Texas we make a hobby out of catching gators alive, and they’re much bigger than that 4-foot runt in Niles Canyon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went on a gator hunt once in Matagorda County. The salt grass was tall and it made me nervous. We got a 10' gator. It was quite a show. There was no doubt that the large reptile could have eaten me whole. Since then I try not to intentionally tread where I'm not the top of the food chain!

The thing about small gators is that they always get bigger.