Monday, September 19, 2016

50 DAYS TO DESTINY

By Bob Walsh

In just a tad over seven weeks the voters of the United States of America will select which of two profoundly defective individuals will lead us on the road to hell for the next four years.

Yes, I grant you, it is BARELY possible the outcome will be otherwise. If neither the vulgarian nor the criminal achieve a majority in the Electoral College the election could end up in the House of Representatives. It is not impossible and has in fact happened before. So it is just barely possible that our next fearless leader could be Ted Cruz, or Bernie Sanders, or someone else. That is not, however, a likely outcome.

As you might gather, I like neither one. I am, however, fortunate in one respect. I live in the formerly great state of California. It does not matter WHO I vote for, Hillary will take California. I can vote for the Easter Bunny with no negative results, and even with a more-or-less clear conscience.

That being said I MUCH prefer the vulgarian to the criminal. Trump, in my opinion, honestly and sincerely wants to do the right thing. He might not know exactly what that is, or how to do it, but he wants to. Also, even though he may be late to the party I think he will appoint federal judges who have actually read the Constitution at some point in their life and who believe in what it says.

Hillary, on the other hand, has an all-consuming lust for power and personal wealth. She will, if elected, continue on with her pay-for-play operation, whoring herself and the government to fill her personal pocketbook. She will continue the policy of the current administration is using the power of the federal government to fuck over people she does not like or does not trust. I don’t like her and I don’t trust her.

Decisions are made by those who show up. Vote early and often.

EDITOR’S NOTE: You don’t like Hillary and don’t trust her? You coudda fooled me.

No comments: